• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop PDF cuts off text, displays character as half white?

New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 2.01.37 PM.png

Here's what happens... I "Save as" my file to Photoshop PDF.  I open the created PDF. One character—an a in the last paragraph line—is split in half, one side displaying as white. Random. I save and resave, duplicate layers, delete layers (always good), and try exporting with other PDF presets. Same result.

What is WRONG?!

The font is Adobe Text Pro. There are two text layers. (Deleting one doesn't change the outcome.)

I've experienced this before, usually end up converting text layers to smart objects. (Since this is a book cover, that's... not a smart option this time.)  I'd like to know why this happens and what I can do to resolve it.

Any help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

As a work-around:

Drag the text-box higher and add a blank line. Screenshot 2022-07-30 at 13.26.48.pngScreenshot 2022-07-30 at 13.27.01.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another work-around would be Type > Convert to Shape. 

What are the pdf-settings you used? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue - "a" at the beginning of a line of text is half white. I have tried various pdf settings when saving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What have you done for trouble-shooting? 

Can you please provide the file (delete all the other Layers except the Type Layer/s)? 

What exactly is »various pdf settings«? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried various pdf presets and various compatibilties. I am not an expert in photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bug seems to occur only at the beginning of the the last line in the text box. It occurs again in another text box where the last line begins with "a".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a solution, but I remember reading about this before. Here are two links to previous posts where other users faced the same issue when saving a PDF from Photoshop. I'll move this from Discussions to Bugs to catch the attention of the developers.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/text-half-white-and-half-black-when-saving-a...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/saving-pdf-from-photoshop-part-text-is-white...

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a work-around:

Drag the text-box higher and add a blank line. Screenshot 2022-07-30 at 13.26.48.pngScreenshot 2022-07-30 at 13.27.01.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I'll do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines