• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop PDF Export Issue - Transparency Not Respected in PDF

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's an issue that I've never experienced or noticed until recently in photoshop-

I am removing some background fills from raster images and want to export as photoshop .PDF files, however when I go to 'save as' I am seeing that the newly transparent images are being flattened to white once more.

I've tried the default export options for high quality prints, pdf-x4 as I have seen suggested elsewhere... I am not sure why the alpha information is not being retained when exporting this way. Is this a bug or am I (hopefully) missing something?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saving to jpeg? Or is jpeg compression enabled in PDF Export options?

The jpeg specification doesn't allow transparency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sadly, selecting compression of 'none' or 'zip' still yields an exported photoshop .PDF without transparency for me.

Maybe I am misremembering that photoshop .PDF files have the ability to export with transparency. Seems I'll have to stick with .PSD or .TIF files for CMYK transparent images from photoshop, I appreciate your insight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you mentioned, if you want PDF select PDF/X-4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines