• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop performance has taken a dive?

Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm interested to know if anyone else has experience a decrease in photoshop performance in the most recent versions. 

I used to be able to open dozens of 146MB TIF files and work on each without any performance issues.  Now I can't open more than 25 without experiencing the following;

- laggy performance in tools i regularly use (spot healing brush, magnetic lasso, clone stamp)

- tools like spot healing brush don't show results until some other action is taken (eg zoom out)

- glitchy artefacts left on the screen around the image but within the boundaries of the toolbars (see image attached)

- clunky stepped zoom in and out (used to be smooth animated)

I haven't changed any settings within Photoshop but nevertheless tried all the performance improvements recommended in other forums/posts with no improvement. The problems specifically arise when more than 25 images are opened.  Open 26 and the problems are there.  Close one image leaving 25 open and they go away.

My system details are;

Processor: Intel Core i9 11900K 8-Core

Memory: 64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Windows Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 500GB

Scratch Drive: Samsung 870 EVO 500GB 2.5in SSD

Project Drive: Samsung 870 EVO 500GB 2.5in SSD

Video Card: 8GB Leadtek NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is an example of the glitchy artefacts mentioned in my post

Tom Ferguson_Photoshop screen artefacts.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like it might be a driver issue. (I noticed that NIVIDIA's last driver release was back in mid-February.) If you turn GPU acceleration off (via Preferences > Performance > Graphics Processor Settings), does that help? (Also try Preferences > Technology Previews > Deactivate Native Canvas.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, thanks for the reply.  I tried both of those things and no change.  (Note Deactivating Native Canvase requires GPU accelaration to be on)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've noticed, in particular, problems with zooming as you described, both on my desktop & my Surface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines