• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Performance problems

Engaged ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop over the last few years has developed some aggravating performance issues.  Basically, when I'm doing anything like using the brush tool, eraser, clone, etc, I'm moving quickly, I make some brush strokes, toggle the Hand tool and move quickly, then back to the brush, then, toggle eye dropper, then back to brush.  That's the workflow.  It's pretty quick but it's the same as I've done for decades I guess.  But when I'm doing this in Photoshop in recent years, the system chokes and freezes for about 1.5 seconds or so.  Then it catches up, but when it does, it of course makes a mistake.  Instead of eye dropping a color, it paints a spot of color.  Or, instead of panning the document, it MOVES the document.  It's super aggravating.  So lately, I just kind of try to think of what is my best way of approaching some work.  I love all of the flexibility of Photoshop for editing things on the fly, but I tend to do all of that painting, erasing, etc in Clip Studio Paint where I do exactly the same work flow and I have no problems at all.  I can fluidly fly between all of these processes, eye dropping color, erasing, painting, rotating the screen, panning, and back to painting without a glitch.  This is no longer possible in Photoshop because it can't keep up.  And of course, added to this is the whole screen flickering thing that people have been complaining about for a very long time now.  I've used Photoshop since the early 90's and it's been among the most reliable and beloved programs I've ever used, but I feel like Adobe is dropping the ball at this point. It's still amazing software and still the best, but it makes no sense that I'm getting superior performance from a $49.00 program for this kind of work.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which version of Photoshop and OS?

How much RAM and spare hard disk capacity do you have?

Have you tried resetting the Photoshop preferences recently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines