Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Photoshop plays a beep sound when I open any image

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, for some days now it happens to me that every time I open an image with photoshop a sound like beep beep beep beep is played. did it happen to you too? how can it be solved? Thank you

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the tools and/or preferences.
To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut:

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.
Note: Using the keyboard shortcut, preference files for custom shortcuts, workspaces, and color settings will also be reset to default.

from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#restore_preferences

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I tried to do the procedure indicated but the beep still continues.

I post a link to a video https://youtu.be/0h9tmyjt3AU where you can see what happens.

I also tried uninstalling by removing preferences and reinstalling photoshop but it still continues.

The sad thing is that cutting the video with Premiere I realized that even when I insert a video in a new premiere timeline, the beep is also played there.

I also did a full antivirus scan but it didn't detect anything.

I have disabled all the windows sounds and also those related to the easy keys but the beep is still being heard.

Great mystery!!!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's definitely not anything in Photoshop. I would double-check any system extensions.

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines