• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PhotoShop, PlugIns and M1 Macs - Running two Ps versions?

Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Mac studio M1 rrunning Monterey 12.4. My PhotoShop version is 23.3.2 and Creative Cloud. I cannot run some legacy PlugIns (ex. Canon Print studio Pro). I understand that, as of Ps version 23.x.x, Ps does not  need Rosetta to run, but my PlugIns do.

So, can I download a slightly older version of Ps, which will cause Rosetta to run, in order to use my PlugIns as needed. Using the latest version when no PlugIns are required? If so, where can I cand the older version to download?

Thanks

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information. Just FYI that actually didn't work for me. The problem being that Creative Cloud removes the current version(s) when installing an older version. Reinstalling when going from editing to printing and then reinstalling when going back to editing becomes a major hassle. still looking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@mtatl wrote:

Thanks for the information. Just FYI that actually didn't work for me. The problem being that Creative Cloud removes the current version(s) when installing an older version.

That is just an option, and you need to turn it off. There are two ways to turn it off: For automatic updates, and for manual updates.

If you have Auto-Update turned on in the Creative Cloud desktop app, then in the settings (the cloud icon in the upper right corner), you must disable Remove Older Versions.

Creative-Cloud-Remove-Older-Versions.gif

If you disabled Auto-Update, then when you manually click an Update button, the Creative Cloud app should ask you if you want to remove older versions. Obviously you want to tell it to not remove older versions. What often happens is that someone does a manual update and when it asks about removing older versions, they don’t read the message and just click through to get it done, and the older versions are deleted. So just be mindful at that step to make sure you told it to keep older versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines