Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

photoshop plugins missing after new install on new iMac

Enthusiast ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a new imac and after using the migration tool for the last 5 macs, I decided to build up this on e from scratch. Almost everything works fine but I have a large number of 3P plugins that i cannot get working correctly with photoshop. I've done a fresh install of all of them (Luminar, O1, Topaz, NIK) and none of them show up in photoshop under Filters menu or in Photoshop About Plugins. As an example, I installed Luminar and opened the standalone version and installed the plugin for PS and LR. It shows up in LR but not PS.

Any help on how to sort this out GREATLY appreciated since this was pretty much the main reason I upgraded my mac :-).  All the latest Apple updates done, all the plugin software from fresh downloads of the latest version. 

thanks,

tom

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the specs of your new iMac? You did install all the plugins from scratch? What does the support of the 3rd party plug-ins say?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it's a new 24" imac with M1 chip running MacOS 11.4 and has 2tb sdd and 16gb mem.

I checked with the 3P developers before doing the upgrade...all apps are freshly downloaded and have loaded just fine as standalone apps but the Install Plugin feature has not worked on any of them so I came here first since they all seem to suffer from the same problem. I've got my old mac side by side with the new one and can't see any differences in how they are set up (though there are some minor differences which I guess are due to the M1 chip).

If no one here knows what my problem is, i'll go back to the app developers...all of the installs say they are M1 and Big Sur ready and work on my other imac and mbp...

thanks,

tom

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines