Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Photoshop, Premiere, and Illustrator crashing and freezing

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only have this problem in Adobe applications. I can open Photoshop, Premiere, and Illustrator, but they crash while using them. I have a fairly great computer and can't figure out why they aren't working correctly. I have made sure everything on both adobe's end, as well as my computer are updated. After I couldn't get more than 30 seconds in Photoshop or Illustrator today between crashes, I ended up working in Publisher to finish my project. I didn't have any issues there.

I have tried running adobe apps with and without HDR on. I have also tried running apps with and without the graphics acceleration. I do notice that when they crash my monitor usually goes blank and then displays "HDR" at the top of the screen. After the initial crash, the apps tend to run incredibly slow, even after restart.

I also have played games at length without issue.

Thanks to anyone with info or ideas that I can try.

System:

RTX 2080 Super

Ryzen 3900X

X570 Aorus Master Mobo

32GB Ram

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Have you checked Windows event viewer for errors in the application log relating to the crashes, do you use the Game Ready or Studio Nvidia driver, the Studio driver is recommended for Photoshop.

When installing do you perform a clean install of the driver.

Have you tried resetting Photoshop preferences

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

As for Premiere and Illustrator you should post on the appropriate forums

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines