Photoshop problems saving duplicates

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a couple of Photoshop issues that have recently come up that have never existed previously.  I'm using a Mac with the latest version of PS.  Problems:  

1.  When I copy an image using the duplicate option,  I can't find where the dupe  has gone.   Previously, duplicated  images went back into the same file as the original.

2.  When I make a copy and use the "save as" option and save to desktop, there is no problem.  But when I get the message about "save changes" to the original image, if I select "don't save", it saves them anyway. Previously, this did not occur.  

3.  When I finish working in PS, I can't quit PS.  The only way to exit the program is to force quit.

This was not an issue previously.  

4.  Lastly, when I now download images from my camera,  I have to close every image individually as opposed to seeing icons for all the saved images in a box and just closing out the downloading process, as I have done for years previously.

If anyone can suggest fixes or indicate something I'm missing or should do differently, I would sincerely appreciate it.

I never had any of these problems previously, so it's frustrating to deal with so many stupid obstacles.

Thanks for your assistance.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Photoshop starts behaving in odd ways a reset of the Preferences will often help. These can be found in the Photoshop menu on a Mac and the Edit menu on Windows. Look for the "Reset Preferences On Quit" button within the General section.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In reference to your first problem you wrote "When I copy an image using the duplicate option". Are you using the Duplicate option within the Image menu? Yes a duplicate is created but you would always have to manually save it yourself.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines