Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Photoshop program error opening a sequence

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exported my images out of lightroom. I have tried "1.jpeg"  and "filename1.jpeg" and nothing seems to work when i try to open them in Photoshop as a sequence i get "could not complete the open command because of a program error" I have tried all the sugestions in learn how to fix, I am also able to open a single picture just not a sequence. Now im just going around in circles, omg frustrating lol. Any thoughts? 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any system info we can't realyl tell you much. That said, sequence imports typically require proper number padding, so it's more like file001.jpg, file002.jpg and so on or else you get wacky ordering of your files due to how numerics are alphabetized by default.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im using a Mac studio, and lightroom classic. I thought maybe that was the problem so i tried lightroom cc still the same. tried the file name and still no

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thne perhaps it's a platform specific thing. Since I'm not a Mac guy, I can't provide any specific assistance, but it reminds me of a similar issue where even single image files were not importing because of messed up metadata for the develop settings and other stuff. Perhaps that's worth looking into.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2022 Oct 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! This mistake message is many times brought about by the generator module or the settings of Photoshop alongside the document expansion of the picture records. The blunder message seems when you are attempting to open a PSD record. The said blunder message, in uncommon circumstances, can be undeniably challenging to settle as the application tosses the said mistake message at whatever point something or anything is off-base. This could allude to the inclinations of the application, or perhaps some defilement in the picture record.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2022 Oct 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it is seems that Photoshop is by all accounts battling you every step of the way, and you continue to get informed that it "couldn't finish your solicitation due to a program mistake," this is the way to fix a few normal issues to assist with getting it chugging along as expected once more. Perhaps it happened unexpectedly after an update, or maybe it's been occurring for some time now. You go to open a document in Photoshop, yet all things considered, the program lets out a mistake that peruses, "Photoshop couldn't finish your solicitation due to a program blunder." If this sounds natural, simply sit back and relax — you're not really alone. For reasons unknown, a lot of clients have seen this issue springing up as of late. One of the most disappointing pieces of this blunder is that it is totally common, and doesn't actually tell the client anything. Incidentally, it very well may be brought about by one  or more of a few issues. Here is a couple of guilty parties regarding the reason why photoshop is misbehaving: Clashing settings and customizations Obsolete adaptation of Photoshop Inadequate GPU assets GPU unsteadiness Adulterated program records The blunder can happen on any Macintosh however appears to happen all the more frequently on a Macintosh that runs macOS Catalina or macOS Enormous Sur. This issue is additionally not interesting to macOS, either — it just so happens, Windows clients are enduring as well. For the two Windows and macOS clients, the blunder frequently happens when clients endeavor to make another record or open a current one. In any case, a few clients note that it has happened while carrying out specific roles in Photoshop, like combining layers or applying channels, too. The issue is so normal, as a matter of fact, that many individuals have figured out how to live with it, expecting that it's simply aspect of the manner in which Photoshop works now.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines