Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Project Layers Replaced by Black Background Layer

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys!!

I need to edit the text in a PS file that I worked on about a month ago. I've opened it plenty of times and it opens just fine. Now, when I open it, it only shows one layer: a black background labeled "background." I've had a friend try to open it on her computer and it does the same thing, but the file size still is large enough to assume there's data buried in there somewhere. Is there any way of recovering this?  Below is a Google Drive link to the psd for anyone willing to give it a go. I'm worried I won't be able to recover it

Any and all help is appreciated!

Thank you!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Pbo9eiXa_TgZEUZ8FiPHh5w4hXTqh60p

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It look yike your Document has beed flattenet to a Black backgroynd layer.  The Bilk if the file data seems to be ancester meta data for when I stript the document ancester metadat and save it as a copy psd file the file size is  509KB Do you hav any backup?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thank you for your quick reply!

I'm not sure why it flattened my layers into a black background. I usually choose not to flatten images, and certainly not into a black background. I've googled the problem and other people have had the same problem but I can't seem to find a solution.

I don't believe I have a backup version. I've been searching, but I only have jpgs of the previous drafts

So there is no way to get a psd of just the old information before PS flattened my image like this?

Thanks again, by the way! I appreciate anyone willing to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, Adobe needs to fix their garbage product instead of dumping their money into ads with Billie Eyelash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i also have same problem 

did you find a way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines