• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop randomly crashing and exiting

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 24.01 has been crashing and exiting randomly without warning.

I've gone through the steps for the error log window on the adobe website, reset my preferences, reinstalled windows10/photoshop/nvidia drivers.

I had a similar issue in ver 23 and had to use ver 21 until that became unavailable.

Attached are the error logs from the appdata folder.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I see your windows 10 version is to old. Please update your Windows to the actual build version 22H2

Windows 10 20H2 or later is required for Photoshop 24.x

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or roll back:

To go back (revert) to previous versions, use the Adobe Creative Cloud application, next to the product you want to revert, click on... (three little dots) and pick "other versions."

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @gertexp64607994 It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.  

Thank you,

Cory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting the log. If you can submit the crash log through the crash reporter, it resolves the code so it's more readable. Please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address. Instructions here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html That will help us diagnose the crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating to 24.1, I've had two crash-and-exit episodes with no crash report ability. The error is Exception Message: 3221226356 A heap has been corrupted. Happened just now while changing brushes. What is most frustrating is that on relaunch, under recent files, the last four images I was working on are not listed. Where can I submit .log files directly? Dell XPS 17 9710, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS build 19045.2364. Nvidia card is up-to-date. Only happens with Photoshop. No change in Preferences. 1.48 TB Free space and 64GB installed RAM. What else?

JEL_0-1671478072710.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't see the Crash Reporter dialog appear, you may have selected an option to not show the dialog. Follow these steps to set the preference to Always Show This Dialog:

Windows

1. Open Start
  2. Search for "Command Prompt" and launch it
  3. Enter the following command:
    • REG ADD HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\CommonFiles\CRLog /v "Never Ask" /t REG_SZ /d 0
  4. Press the Enter key
  5. If asked “Value Never Ask exists, overwrite(Yes/No)?" choose Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thank you, @J453 I've run that prompt now, and I'll let you know if it resets the crash report tool! Meanwhile, when you have a minute, can you give any info on what a corrupted heap is? Windows-only related?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @J453, I just experienced another hard crash with Photoshop 24.1 (Windows 10 Pro). I was only adding a layer mask to an ordinary photo file with two layers. The Crash Reporter dialog did not appear for me again, even though I ran the Value Never Ask prompt you provided above. Here is the crash log attached.

Also, in the UXP log, what does this mean and how do we address it? We are going to deprecate hostInfo access soon. Please use HostInfoController instead. Others have reported it here but there aren't any answers yet. https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/issues-using-aerender-with-ae-22-3-version/.... Thanks for any guidance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines