• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop redraw problem

Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, this is starting to get ridiculous... first InDesign redraw problems (like zooming in to a certain percentage and seeing strange polygons coming up all over the screen)... and now Photoshop is having redraw problems... constantly!

The best way to show what is happening with about half of the Photoshop files I open, here's a Loom video demonstrating the problem.

https://www.loom.com/share/2efd4aac50de438582280f4e34982cc2

I'm double-clicking smart objects and when they open, it's usually showing a piece of a previous image I was working on. To fix it, I have to turn the front layer on and off again.

VERY ANNOYING ADOBE... these sorts of issues shouldn't be happening but have been for some time now... when are you going to fix this?!?!?!?!?!

Can't believe I'm paying $45 a month for these BUGGY apps... so many problems... so many crashes, bugs, failures... it's getting to the point where it's taking so much longer to use InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator than it used to, and there are now SO MANY BUGS I'm considering canceling my subscription and just going over to Serif and the Affinity Suite... which doesn't have any bugs like this whatsoever.

Apps paid for already, no ongoing expensive subscription... and far superior quality in my opinion. At least their apps don't crash constantly!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ZEN AGENCY sorry to hear this. A couple things to try:

Go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and check "Disable Native Canvas" - then restart Photoshop. Does the problem still occur? 

Go to Preferences > Performance... click Advanced Settings... and uncheck "GPU Compositing" - then restart Photoshop. Does the problem still occur? 

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi; if I go into Advanced Settings, these are the options I see, no "GPU Compositing".

I have been having the same issue as ZEN Agency for at least 6 months, and today it has reached new heights. I make a new doc, and the background layer is black. I can't make it white, I can't create a new layer and make it white, is just solid black. I opened an image, zoomed out and it all went black. Unusable Photoshop has become. 

Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 9.56.44 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And here are my settings in "Technology Previews".

Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 10.00.46 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines