• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop refuses to start unless I restart the computer

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else having this issue?  I recently updated to the latest version of Photoshop, 21.2.0, and after updating, Photoshop will open only once, then refuses to open again until I reboot the computer. Attempting to start Photoshop after I have used it once yields no error of any kind, I simply get a busy cursor for about 5 seconds, and nothing.

Previous versions of Photoshop have caused me no issues at all.  I have tried everything I know of to resolve the issue including uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop, making sure to delete registry entries as well as related files, and folders on the computer prior to reinstalling, running the application as an administrator and running the compatibility troubleshooter, all to no avail. 

I have included a screenshot of my computer configuration.  Any assistance you folks offer would be greatly appreciated.  It's very annoying to have to restart the PC to run Photoshop.

Thanks
Randall

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I use Photoshop daily and I need to restart the computer every time I need to launch the program. Never had that issue before. Adobe you really need to fix this because it's a brand new laptop I have and you are forcing me to do way too many restarts. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. This is extremely frustrating. Is there a solution that anyone has come up with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of rebooting the computer, just kill Photoshop in Task Manager.

I've had this happen in some versions of Premiere Pro.  After a while it just stopped happening and it went back to normal without me doing anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it doesn't even start. Like you click to open the program and nothing
happens. At all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new shortcut on the desktop and use that one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's Dec 2023, and they still haven't fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't do ANYTHING with photoshop.  I have to restart every time.  I can't even save a pdf without it crashing and having to restart.  Also on a brand new laptop.  This adobe cloud creative suite is THE MOST PROBLEMATIC, NONFUNCTIONAL platform I have ever seen.  There is no such thing as productivity.  Do better Adobe.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I get this issue and its annoying as all hell... every other adobe program updates and opens... but when it CC pushes a new update... I can't launch photoshop.. it fails updates.. everything until i restart PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines