Exit

Photoshop resets scratch disc on closing

Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

so I assume this is a bug.

Each time I assign a scratch disc that is not the drive PS is installed on it will revert my scatch disc to the aforementioned drive if I close PS. For example PS runs on C, I set the scartch disc to E. I close PS, start it, scratch disc is reverted to C, which is bad because that disc is pretty full so I keep running into scratch disc space errors.
Is there a way to prevent that from happening? I cannot remove te other scratch disc options in the performance menu to force Photoshop to use just the one I assigned. 

I'm on Windows 10 with PS 22.5.1, but have had the issue with the previous version as well.  

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, are the additional disks recognized as non-removable by the OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@PECourtejoie  no, it's marked removable drive. If that could be the issue I'll change that and see if it helps, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines