• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Running Very Slow 22.5.6

Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Woke up this morning and Photoshop was running VERY slowly. EVERY OPERATION would take between 10 and 30 seconds. Example: Add a mask would take 20 seconds. Do a brush stroke and I would get the spinning icon for 20 seconds before the brush stroke would appear. Flatten layers would case the "not responding" warning.

I have had to restart my computer several times. I tried to use task manager to end the process but often it says that there is still a file open in photoshop that is using up memory.

It was running fine LAST NIGHT. I did not do any updates (that I know of) overnight. So I don't know why it is suddenly running so badly today.

Whenever this has happened in the past, I have updated my graphics card drivers to the latest version and that seems to have fixed it. But I just updated the drivers for my nVidea RTX 2060 Super and the problem persists.

Also, please note that I have NOT updated to Photoshop 2022 because I can't seem to import my actions / scripts from PS 2021 to PS 2022, so I am still using PS 2021 version 22.5.6 on an Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s) with 24GB of RAM. 

Using Windows 10 64 Bit version 10.0.19044 build 19044 

I know it is an older computer BUT it has been working fine and as mentioned was working fine last night and just this morning was problematic.

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, try to follow this suggestions:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-slow-lags.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines