• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop saving files to wrong location

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2019 Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a Macbook Pro running MacOS 10.15 Catalina, so there's that. For about a week after the OS installation Photoshop was running fine as always, but just today it has begun saving files to a specific file directory not of my choosing, whatever I specify. For a while it was putting the files to a seemingly random directory I had used a few weeks earlier. I deleted that folder, and now it saves all files to the "Documents" folder. It might save the file to the directory I choose if it is a PSD being saved, but if I choose to Export as a different file format, it goes straight to Documents. I tried restoring the Preferences, which didn't help. Any advice (other than "don't use the beta OS, idiot!") would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2019 Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mentioned export, so check the following:

File menu > Export > Export Preferences – Quick Export Location

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2019 Jun 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for finding and sharing this. Please tell Apple so they can fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell Apple so they can fix it.

This is a user Forum, so you are not really addressing Adobe here, even though some Adobe employees thankfully have been dropping by.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2019 Jun 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

raymondlarrett  wrote

I am using a Macbook Pro running MacOS 10.15 Catalina, so there's that.... Any advice (other than "don't use the beta OS, idiot!") would be appreciated.

Hi Ray,

Thank you for being an early beta tester. It will be tough going for you, but maybe your reports back to Apple will help us all to avoid the Mojave issues. I hope you have a second computer for when you need to do real work?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue on 2 different machines, both saving in the ~/ location instead of the finder chosen location. Machine a is an 5k iMac on beta 1 and other machine is a 2017 MacBook pro touch-bar on beta 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. It's weird because I do have a location set for Quick Exports, and sometimes it goes there, and sometimes it doesn't. It seems to want to jump to the iCloud Drive at random times. It's annoying when you're trying to work on a bunch of images in a row, and all of a sudden you're in a different directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We are having the same problem and I have set up my export settings. We are running photoshop 22.5.1 on an iMac M1 running BigSur 11.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines