Photoshop : scratch disk and process issues and saving to laptop issues

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI everyone I have just loaded photoshop and after one day my scratch disk is full and I cannot make changes to my photos. Do i need to buy a portable hard disk or a computer just for photoshop

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

How much free space do you have on the C drive for the scratch disk and how large are the images you're working on.

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/using/scratch-disks-preferences.html

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ged

thanks for replying

i have 108 free of 224 GB 

and my mages are from A4 to A2

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

108 GB free should be fine, when you say A4 to A2, what are the exact pixel dimensions, I've seen people selecting inches instead of pixels by mistake when creating new documents, you can check you document dimensions from here

2022-07-31 14_38_12-.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi 

sometimes i work on very old photos so doing low to high res of 2000 pixels/inch. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're looking for the actual dimensions of a typical image you are working on - not pixels/inch, not size in inches or mm. We need this info to advise you. Please post the actual size in pixels (or the screen shot we showed you).

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Wray and Nephew 

A2 @ 2000dpi will give you a file of around 4,23Gb.

Are you working with a lot of layers?

Can you give us a sense of the file size based on the image that @Ged_Traynor has shared above?

mj

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there a reason for you to work at 200dpi @Wray and Nephew ?

Best

mj

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines