• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Scratch Disks Full When Using Type Tool on Windows

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using Photoshop, for example, trying to embed an image or add text I get the message 'could not use the type tool because the scratch disc are full'. I don't know how to clear the scratch disk on my Microsft computer. Can anybody help- Thank you. 

{Thread title updated by moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We are here to help.

Could you please share the version of Photoshop from Help > About Photoshop and the specific version of Windows you are working on? Does the Scratch Disk error show up only when using the Type Tool? How many documents do you have opened when you see this error?
How much free storage space do you have on the computer's C/OS Drive?

Scratch Disk in Photoshop is the temporary storage required by Photoshop for its operations.

Please check the pinned post for more help & knowledge about Scratch disks: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/what-is-scratch-disk-how-to-prevent-s...

We hope this helps,
Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines