Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Script: How to make a silhouette into a poly art

Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI
If someone has any idea or have done it before , i would be much obliged , if he can share it with me here.
I want to convert the silhouette black shape into line art/ low poly effect through script. Actually photoshop is doing something similar once it use the puppet wrap feature. it draw triangle that means it possible but how to do it, i have no idea. 

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Puppet Warp creates a mesh that's represented as triangles. You could actually use it to create the triangles for you using the following steps:

1. Create the shape that you want to turn into low poly art
    • Make sure that it has a transparent background, so it could be on a new layer or on the Background layer if you unlock it first and delete the background color
    • Make the fill color either black or white so that the mesh shows up with good contrast
  2. Select the layer with the shape
  3. Go to Edit > Puppet Warp...
  4. In Puppet Warp mode, change the settings in the Options bar to the following:
    • Mode: Normal
    • Density: Fewer Points
    • Expansion: 0 (but you can use the slider to see if you prefer the triangles from the mesh at other values)
    • Show Mesh: (enabled)
  5. Take a screenshot
  6. Cancel the Puppet Warp
  7. Paste the screenshot to adjust it as desired

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines