Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Photoshop scroll moves up by itself and the canvas suddenly stopped moving/working.

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I was drawing using my Wacom, everything was working fine then the scroll suddenly moves up by itself, locks into place and the canvas stops working, couldn't draw or do anything, none of the tools work anymore and the pen tool suddenly gets laggy when moving around and when I checked task manager, the power usage goes to VERY HIGH. Coming back to the file, it just goes blank, the file/canvas is gone. The only way that I can get around this is by closing and opening again but it is only a temporary solution before it happens again. Is there any way to fix this? I have tried to shift all of the layers into a new file and it happens again.

Specs if needed for reference

Ryzen 7 3700x

32gb 3200mhz

RTX 3060 12GB

512GB SSD boot drive

1TB SSD

1TB HDD

Photoshop scratch disks are both located to my 1TB SSD and HDD

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Does this happen when you use a mouse or only happens with the Wacom?

Could you please try deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines