• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Scrubby Zoom Not Working V 23.2.0

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Scrubby Zoom Doesn't work unless I reset preferences. I have to Reset Preferences and Quit Photoshop every single time in order to have the Scrubby zoom working.

- I'm not using ANY pluggin.

- My PC is updated (NVIDIA Graphics and everything else).

- "Use Graphic processor" is checked and I have more than enough VRAM.

Photoshop V23.2.0

Windows PC. 

2x 2080TI, 2x 4K Monitors and a Cintiq Pro 24.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

disable native canvas worked, thanks! it's been 45 min of trying different things

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if GPU isn't checked, any difference? Go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and check "Disable Native Canvas" - then restart Photoshop. Any difference?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

disable native canvas worked, thanks! it's been 45 min of trying different things

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Worked for me as well after trying so many other things!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You win! I wish adobe would stop ruining their own products and creating problems. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You win! I wish adobe would stop ruining their own products and creating problems. 

By @brianw16000365

You can stop upgrading the software any time you wish.

You can install older versions any time if you wish. 

Let us know if how to do so is unknown to you.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how can i get an older version of photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you open the creative center desktop app and go to "all apps" on the left-side menue, you will see three dots next to each program you have. Click on the three dots and go to "other versions" from there you can install and uninstall whatever version works best for you. I haven't installed the latest version because scrubby zoom is working on my current version. 
Untitled.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked 4 me toooooo! Thank u soooooooooooooo much, I've been trying EVERYTHING, and your help worrrked! I'm so happy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the only one solution wroked for me, Thank You.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked but I had to basically flip the switch on and off for it to take effect.

First enable "Deactivate Native Canvas", restart.

Didn't work, so then I disabled "Deactivate Native Canvas", restart again, and now it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I fixed it dds tool just had to select correct settings skinning for Rise
of flight and others

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original fix of disabling the native canvas no longer worked for me after the update. I decided to revert back to the previous version of photoshop where scrubby zoom worked and that fixed the problem. Not the best solutuion but hopefully temporary as they figure out scrubby zoom functionality in the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines