• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Selection, Patch tool, Brushes lagging on new laptop!

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded my old laptop to a Dell XPS (32gb RAM, 6gb NVIDIA graphics), but for some reason Photoshop is laggier on the new machine. Specifically the lasso/selection tool, brush, and patch tool - there is a delay with the cursor and it isn't moving as accurately as it should. Trying to use liquify is almost unusable because the brush is so jumpy, even when using the touch pad instead of a wireless mouse. Other processes like saving, copy/paste, filters etc work faster on the new laptop and every other CC software I have works fine and fast, much better than my old laptop, no lag at all with the adjustment brush in Lightroom, just Photoshop doesn't seem to want to play nice?

My old laptop has the same version of Photoshop running these basic functions smoothly on a fraction of the RAM (8gb) and no dedicated graphics card. I could barely use Lightroom on that laptop because it was so slow, and couldn't live preview some filters in Photoshop, but I could select and use patch tool seamlessly...

How is this possible? What can I do to fix this? I use Photoshop extensively for my work and it's pretty annoying that I can't properly use it for the most basic functions right now.

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, take a look at this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS-0BTroqaI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Otherwise have you tried to completely reinstall photoshop?

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, does the new computer have two videocards? did you try to enable only the nVidia GPU?

As an alternative, try to check "Disable Native Canvas" in Edit>Preferences>Technology Preview.

Please post the contents of help/System info...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There was a bug fix release recently that you might want to try: 22.5.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines