• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop - Set eraser to brush template?

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day,

Is there a way to set the brush in Photoshop so that it has the same structures as the brush. Suppose I use a speckled brush, similarly I need an eraser that also erases speckled to make it look even? A heartfelt thank you! 🙂

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

These Brushes are specifically created to be used with a specific Tool – the creators of the Brushes decided this, not the Photoshop team, and you are free to create new Brushes based on those without »Include Tool Settings«. 

Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 16.48.52.png

If you want to use them with another Tool select that Tool and cmd-alt-click the Brush in the Brushes Panel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ich meine natürlich den Radiergummi so einzustellen, dass er die Form vom Pinsel hat. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep forgetting the keyboard shortcut (using a non-english keyboard I cannot use it) but one alternative is changing the Blend Mode of the Brush Tool to »Clear«. 

Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 16.02.24.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to apologize once. Little sleep sometimes causes mistakes.

About the thing: For example, I used a speckled brush. In order to use a corresponding eraser, it should also be speckled.

So I select the eraser tool and I have the texture brush. Find the right setting in the brush menu, but then it automatically switches to the brush tool. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Brushes, Options Bar, …) visible? 

If the Brush has been created with »Include Tool Settings« that is indicated by the tool-related icon. 

But that can be overriden … (edit: with cmd-alt, I think)

Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 16.24.33.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem.jpg

Yeah, i see there are little Icons that automatically switch to the tool if i click them...in fact that i want to use this Brush as a Eraser...and swap them later again. 

I came from Affinity, and there you just need to choose eraser and then the Brush and the Eraser has the pattern of the Brush. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These Brushes are specifically created to be used with a specific Tool – the creators of the Brushes decided this, not the Photoshop team, and you are free to create new Brushes based on those without »Include Tool Settings«. 

Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 16.48.52.png

If you want to use them with another Tool select that Tool and cmd-alt-click the Brush in the Brushes Panel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, okay. Yeah it works.

So one more Question. 

Are there special stamps or brushes for Photoshop? I mean extensions that have to be acquired for free or for sale.

For example, if I want to add lightning bolts, there are certainly transparent lightning bolt PNGs in Adobe Stock. However, the question of whether there are other sources to import something new?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like Expansion for Weather Effects ? For 9,99 $ (Just as an Example)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are Brushes available (both for money and free ones) but do you need them? 

What are you looking for specifically? Are you working in photo-retouching or as an Illustrator or …? 

And you can create and customize your own brushes (see »Create a brush tip from an image« in the link below). 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/creating-modifying-brushes.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in my Free Time as a Photo Editor. 

Where can i find them? 

Yeah, every Creative Head should make this by Self. How i Said, in Affinity where many Packs that you can Buy. I just wanted to ask if its smiliar or sth. else. 

I use Photoday since Today, and it feels like i didnt know anything after Working with Affinity since 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I ask why you switched to Photoshop? 

Certain principles will surely translate from Affinity Photo but Photoshop is MUCH older and this can be both an advantage and, unfortunately, a disadventage. 

Check these brushes out: 

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/brushes.html?promoid=XKMMHH6G&mv=other

You could also search https://exchange.adobe.com/ for brushes but a general google-ing for »free photoshop brushes« will likely turn up a bunch, too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use the `/¬/¦ successfully
the one above the TAB key

however, it's not the shortcut for Clear, it's just the shortcut for turning ANY brush to an eraser.
Not sure if it helps the OP (on other keyboards - the US ones, this shortcut is the tilde instead, but I think it's positionned above the TAB key as well)

Imaginerie_0-1674918563186.png

Shortcuts for cycling through blend modes (for brushes is SHIFT and  + or - (for up and down)

Or

SHIFT +OPTION/ALT + the letter (n for normal and R for clear etc)

see this previous answer here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/toggle-between-brush-blending-modes-n...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines