• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop slow to quick export after update past v22.4.3

Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the title suggests, everytime I upgrade past v22.4.3, qucik export on jpgs and pngs is extremly slow. About 10sec per image. If I revert back to 22.4.3, all images export instantly. I have tried this with multiple updates after 22.4.3 hoping the issue would be fixed but it still happens. I have noticed after updateing, I get one qucik export that is instant, then every one after that is super slow... very odd. 

Any help would be lovly.

I'm running a Ryzen 3800XT, RTX3080, 64GB of RAM, and Photoshop is running via a NVME SSD, so I don't think it's a matter of my computers speed. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Since the behavior seems to be tied to an update, the most likely cause is our change from CEP to UXP based Export As. You can change back to UXP by going to Preferences > Export and checking the "Use legacy 'Export As'" option. See if that returns your performance to previous levels. While the new version is faster in many areas, we are working on addressing some others where it is slower. It is likely your files are bumping up against these slow areas and it would be best to switch back to the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the latest version (23.1)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jeffrey,

Yup, I did try the latest version! That's kind of what prompted me to post this. 

Same thing with the latest version, first export was speedy, every export after that was very slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any other ideas or am I stuck on 22.4.3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing the same behavior on my end. Can you provide more details? What OS are you on (Win or Mac)? Where are you saving the file to (desktop, external drive, network drive, sync folder, etc)? What does the file you are exporting from look like (many layers, artboards, smart objects, etc)? Other info we should know? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Answers to some of your questions:

• Running on Windows
  • Saving files to folder on my desktop
  • This happens on any file, big or small, 1 layer or 500 layers
    • I've tired exportoring a PSD with 10 artboards and many layers/smartobjects at about 2.05GB and also a fresh PSD with just 1 layer of a square.
    • This happens on any PSD I try

Essentially on version 22.4.3 I hit quick export and the JPGs are in the saved folder instantly. On any version past 22.4.3 I hit qucik export and each JPG loads in slowly, 1 by 1. So if there's 6 artbaords to export they will export one JPG at a time, taking about 5-10sec per image. It adds up quickly if there's lots of assests to export. I've also tried reseting my preferences multiple times and did a fresh install. None of that worked.

I have access to a Macbook as well and when I updated there I had the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked my boss to check this out as well and he had the same slow exports in the latest version. Seems like something slowed down after the 22.4.3 update. Just my findings. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the behavior seems to be tied to an update, the most likely cause is our change from CEP to UXP based Export As. You can change back to UXP by going to Preferences > Export and checking the "Use legacy 'Export As'" option. See if that returns your performance to previous levels. While the new version is faster in many areas, we are working on addressing some others where it is slower. It is likely your files are bumping up against these slow areas and it would be best to switch back to the old version until we update to fix these specific issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Brett, that seemed to have fixed it on the latest version! Thanks a bunch!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I want to export to a photoshop file, the dialog box allowing me to set the output file does not open.
All the other dialog boxes are displayed normally, it is only "export to"

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@VDME what exact version of Photoshop and operating system do you have, have you tried manually resetting your Photoshop preferences
https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually
Remember to backup your settings before doing the preference reset
https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ged_Traynor 

About operating system : 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.00 GHz
16,0 Go (15,8 Go available)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti with Max-Q Design

Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620

Photoshop version : 

v 24.4.1

I did reset the settings but the problem is still there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2023 Jun 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My version is 24.3.0, The problem is still unresolved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines