• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop slow to save

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe CC has been massively disappointing since I signed up for it. To start with, most times, when I save a document in photoshop that may contain layers, the save bar at the bottom of the page goes to 99% and just sits there forever with the beach ball going round for at least 4-5 min. It eventually savs my photoshop file, but photoshop becomes very slow from then on.

Photoshop also crashes my mac often and I get IPC Broker message in the report.

Really appreciate it if anyone can shed a light on this. I used to love using Adobe products, I hate them now.  Such a waste of my time!!!

P.S. I use Mac with the latest system software.

Thanks

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not at all normal.

It could happen if you save directly to an external drive/network, or a drive that is exFAT-formatted (which modern MacOS versions don't work well with).

Other than that, save times will speed up considerably if you disable PSD/PSB compression in preferences. But stalling at 99% sounds like a different problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

D Fosse, Thanks for your reply. I didn't know about PDS/PSB up to now. Just checked it out and looks like buy disabling PSD/PSB the file size increases enormously. I'll go ahead and disable this function to see if it has any effect. But I don't like the sound of large files.

Also, my 2019 Mac had a 2tb SSD drive fitted, should I check with the provider to see if it was exFAT-formatted? If so, what is the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's the system drive, it can't be ExFat. Otherwise, you can use Disk Utility to check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much RAM and spare hard disk capacity do you have?

Have you tried resetting the Photoshop preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek,

I have 32 GB RAM and from 2tb SSD drive I still have 1.02tb left. I'm constantly backing up files on an external drive and freeing up memory on my in built SSD drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the Photoshop preferences back to the factory defaults to see if that helps at all. You can do that under the General tab in Photoshop preferences.

If that doesn't help perhaps uninstall Photoshop using the Adobe Cleaner Tool and reinstall the application again. https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Derek, Although I had not changed much in preferences, I've reset it. Fingers crossed, Time will tell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines