• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop still missing key features when running in M1 native mode

Engaged ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the issue. When I open an image from Lightroom in Photoshop (using the "Edit in Photoshop..." command), perform edits in Photoshop, and then save back to Lightroom, the edited image does not reliably appear in Lightroom. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

I reported this back in November in this thread in the Lightroom forum. I went through a huge amount of troubleshooting, including resetting preferences, reinstalling apps, etc. Nothing helped. 

I finally chatted to an Adobe support rep today. I told him that I only have this issue on my M1 Macbook Pro—not on my iMac Pro. He suggested that I enable Rosetta mode in Photoshop. That completely fixed the problem. (Why didn't any previous Adobe support rep suggest this?)

I pointed out to the rep that I shouldn't need to run Photoshop in Rosetta to make it work properly. M1 Macs have been out for 18 months now! And this specific issue has been documented for at least 6 months, because you can see posts about it (including mine) in the forums. 

The rep said:

"Photoshop has minor feature differences when running under the native mode and the Rosetta emulation mode. Adobe is hard at work to reduce these feature differences in future updates. Yes, I appreciate your feedback and I would like to tell you that the engineering team is working on it and will soon get a fix."

He linked me to this page on Adobe's site. Down lower on the page, it says this: "Multi-app workflows, such as Copy and Pasting or Editing in Photoshop from Lightroom, between native and Rosetta emulation versions of Adobe applications will not work."

But that is exactly the OPPOSITE of the problem. I was running Lightroom and Photoshop in native M1 mode and it didn't work. The rep suggested I run Photoshop in Rosetta, and now it works (even though Lightroom is in native M1 mode).

I am posting this here because I want to be sure that this issue is being properly tracked and addressed—especially because it is not properly described on the page linked above. 

I am running OS Monterey 12.3, Lightroom 5.2, and Photoshop 23.2.2.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, it's really dissapointing that the M1 patching has taken this long. Not sure if Adobe understands that people have jobs to do and they need to feed their families? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It has been documented as a bug here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines