• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop stopped (Just error sound and no function key works) (macOS)

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on a project and my photoshop just stopped working all functions, I can't even save the file manually.

When I press a shortcut key for some tool it even works (I show it in the video), when I move the arrows it also moves the file that is selected, but the mouse click only signals an error sound and no function key works

I'm using the latest version available from Creative Cloud on macOS Catalina and I've never had this problem before.

{Title edited by Moderator}

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble that you see in with Photoshop. We're here to help.

Could you please share the version of Photoshop (Help > About Photoshop) on your computer? Since when are you seeing this issue? Did you try re-installing the software? Would you mind updating your operating system to the latest version? 

Go to Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, uncheck Use Graphics Processor, and restart Photoshop.

You can also ensure Photoshop has correct and complete permissions on t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble that you see in with Photoshop. We're here to help.

Could you please share the version of Photoshop (Help > About Photoshop) on your computer? Since when are you seeing this issue? Did you try re-installing the software? Would you mind updating your operating system to the latest version? 

Go to Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, uncheck Use Graphics Processor, and restart Photoshop.

You can also ensure Photoshop has correct and complete permissions on the macOS by following the steps I have shared in this post: Quick Tips: How to give Full Disk Access to Photoshop on mac.
Afterward,
  • Search for Disk Utility from Finder's spotlight search or magnifying glass.
  • Run 'First Aid' diagnostic on the external drive. Check this to learn more: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210898
  • Restart the computer.

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks.

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines