Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Text Editing Not Updating In Realtime

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

Just updated to the new version of Photoshop, and I'm trying to edit text. However, when I try to edit size of text or change kerning using the character editor, it's not updating in realtime. Very frustrating issue as it's slowing my process down just now.

Is anyone else having this issue, and is this issue being fixed? Or is there a setting I need to change after this update to see the updates happening in realtime?

Thanks in advance for any help.

JM

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you have the latest update of your graphic card, then,  try the follwing:

1- Reset Character Panel settings

if that doesn't work, reset photoshop preferences:

edit-> preferences -> General and click

reset photoshop preferences on Quit.

quit the application  and try typing a Text

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Mohammad.

Unfortunately this didn't work, and the scaling, kerning, leading etc isn't updating in real time. All of this was working just before I updated this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reverted back to the previous version, and it's all working. So glad you can roll back 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Bisley: Did you roll back to 2017 or just to 2018 19.0?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Hilshire.

Sorry for the late response. I had to roll back to 2017 unfortunately, this fixed the issue, but then found a weird bug in the character editor when using my mouse scroll wheel. Looking forward to any fixes for the latest version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Bisley!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. This isvery annoying issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also am having this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But how it's happening on some PC and not on some others. My 2 macs doesn't have this issue while my windows workstation does. I also reinstalled photoshop and also did a clean installation on windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is insane. How is a minor leading issue more important that realtime editing? The leading "fix" broke something FAR more important.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had 2017 version, did the same thing, our company updated over the weekend.... SAME issue. Reinstalled to be safe. Still doing it. Going to be a fun day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just came across your thread. Looks like it was addressed and the latest update fixes the bug. See link below as reference:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photoshop-19-0-1-character-palette-adjustment...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also got the same issue where text doesn't show up until I click out of the tool and then click back in. I'm on a brand new PC running Windows 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is several years old but I'm having the same issue you are, Joel. Just updated it again hoping the bug would have been fixed but it's still not updating text in real time as I type/edit. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your graphics card probably isn't powerful enough to work with the current version of Photoshop. See this: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/p-text-changes-do-not-update-windows/...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines