• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Timeline Frames Not In Order

New Here ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I've been having issues with this for while, and I can't find any posts or videos discussing this. 

So basically, when I used to import gifs into the Photoshop timeline, it'd stack the layers in order by frame. For example, layer 1 would be frame one. Next, layer 2 would be frame 2, and it would be positioned the certain amount of time after frame 1. 

However, now when I import gifts, every layer/frame is the same length at the same time. Strangely enough, when I play, the gif plays out fine, but the layers aren't in order of the frames. How do I change it back?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these frame animations that you made yourself?  I have checked some of mine, and the GIFs obviously just have one layer per frame, and they are in the right order.  Can you link to a problem GIF we can test?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They aren't frame animations I made myself, just gifs I found online. However, when I imported gifs I had downloaded online, they converted into the regular format. Now, when I import any gif, it stacks instead of converting into the frames. I downloaded a random one to test out in the program, and I'm still having the same issue. Here's the one I'm trying to test out now. Thank you for responding, by the way!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, worded that wrong. When I used to import gifs, I had downloaded online, they were the right format. However, somehow, they all automatically become stacked frames. I can provide a photo of what it looks like in Photoshop if needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines