• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Timeline GIF exporting differently than preview

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am fairly inexperienced with making GIFs and I have run into this problem where the GIF is appearing exactly how I want in photoshop and in the preview when I am exporting it, but after export it's not as smooth and I can't figure out why I am running into this issue. As a work around I just rendered it as an MP4 and then used this link to convert it to a GIF file but that's obviously not ideal. Any ideas how I could fix this? 

I have attached the MP4 and the GIF file that I exported from photoshop so you can see the difference. The MP4 is playing exactly how I want but I just need a GIF file. Thank you! 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you build your animation using the timeline or frame format?

If you used timeline, PS will do its best to match the timing keyframes but wont be exact.

If your intention is to build a GIF, switch to the Frame Animation format (under the timeline panel options) and set your frame timing there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines