• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop too slow on M1 max 64GB, unusable

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video I've attached isn't the slowest it will go, it's the fastest. Sometimes it gets stuck on the spinning wheel for 10-20 seconds at a time between actions/clicks, and sometimes it's 30+ seconds. It seems to do this on any psb file regardless of size, and gets worse when the project file is 10gb+.

I've seen a few posts about this here but no solutions. I'm creating levels for a game and it's this slow just painting the layout with single colors and no blending options or adjustment layers.

I've had to create the graphics to piece together in the layouts in smaller project files to later add to these, but what should only be 30 minutes of work will take a nightmare of 10+ hours for each of these layouts once I finally start filling them in.

• 6 levels that would otherwise take 3 hours to fill in with graphics made in smaller projects is going to take a whopping 60 hours at this speed. I would prefer to build them out in the large file format to create the highest quality levels but if the speed issue isn't fixed I'm going to have to go some other route in finalizing them.

Can we get a fix on this ASAP from Adobe? How can this be fixed? As it stands now, photoshop is virtually unusable in large projects. Thanks for your time!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the pixel dimensions and bit depth of the image in the video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dimensions: 120,000 x 60,000

Resolution: 300 ppi

RGB Color, 8 bits/channel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also here's a project that takes 20+ seconds to apply transformation after moving a layer, video here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7r0zo0l5vc5abi8/Video%20Mar%2009%2C%203%2054%2054%20PM.mov?dl=0

5F7C2577-FD0F-4C49-A27B-523A418BB245.jpeg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's make sure we're in a default state and there are no stale setting somewhere:
Restore your preferences using this manual method:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually
Does it work correctly?
If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back.
If it does solve the problem, I would like to get the folder of settings to try and figure out what is bad with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried the manual restore of the settings and it didn't have any effect. What else should I try? Appreciate your time and responses!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, saving these psb files can sometimes take 10-20 minutes. I have 100GB of free space and have tried disabling compression with no improvement. When can we expect to see these slowdowns fixed? Does this issue occur on other M1 Max's? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide screen shots of your settings here:

JeffreyTranberry_0-1646930572458.png

And here:

JeffreyTranberry_1-1646930595993.png

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, how many layers are in this document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines