• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Turn Off Auto-Commit

Participant ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've updated to the latest and greatest Photoshop release 20.0.3 on my imac running Mojave in hopes of Adobe smartening up and allowing users to stop the stupid auto-commit when transforming objects. This "feature" is horrible and messes me up daily, wasting time and money. I haven't found any preferences I could change and I've looked for any type of hack to return things to normal (you know, like the hack to fix Adobe's horrible new scale "feature"), has anyone found a hack to fix the horrible auto-commit "feature"?

Also, does anyone know if I can hold Adobe responsible when I throw my mouse through my monitor because of these horrible "features" they want us to use and they screwed me over for the 2000 time?

Mainly looking for a fix for the auto-commit "feature", thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

I finally searched again to see if there is a solution to this horrible feature and here it is! Thank you to Olaf Giermann for this helpful article.

https://www.docma.info/en/blog/photoshop-cc-2019-auto-commit-off

This link is also helpful for this issue along with a few others.

Enable Optional Extensions | Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you elaborate? You need to hit enter/return or the check mark in the options bar to commit your transform... It doesn't do it automatically. You can hit escape to get out of it... work the same way it's always worked, except for the sift key.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist><br />Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's an example that I just did now. I'm rotating an object but haven't commit the change. Then I jumped over to this browser window to continue with my reply. Oh look, I jumped back to photoshop to continue the transformation and low and behold my transformation has automatically been committed before I could finish the transformation forcing me to undo and start the transformation over.

Here's another example. I'm rotating an object, haven't committed the change. I accidentally clicked my mouse button when I was off to the side of the object and oh, the transformation has been committed automatically, screwing me again.

Oh sure, the check mark/return, etc are the same but sorry, it absolutely does not work the same way as it has always worked. Adobe now forces the commit when you jump to another program which never happened previously. But what do I know, I've only been doing this for 20 years and never had this issue until the 2019 version came out with this wonderful "feature" that screws me over daily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Mojave, iMac and it's not behaving this way for me. I can go browse and do something else, like replying here and it's still happily waiting for me in the background.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist><br />Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you've got something special there cause I've been searching, people have my same issue online and there is no fix I have found. I've got 5 coworkers with this same problem too. Mine used to not behave this way but with Photoshop CC 2019, Adobe went and screwed this up along with some other things. Well maybe someone at Adobe will see this and respond with an answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's true, Melissa. Auto-commit is a "new feature" in v20.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new.html

Yeah, I hate it too.

To be clear, auto-commit should only kick in when you are actually in Photoshop. Either the document window or the layers panel. If it auto-commits by going to a different application, something's messed up, probably in the OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It auto-commits when I click back to photoshop so it's probably because I clicked off of the object I was transforming since my web browser window or something else is in the way of the object, it's not an OS thing, it's all Adobe and their horrible new "feature"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It doesn't work like that here With v20.0.3 and Windows 10

If I click on another app and then return to Photoshop clicking anywhere in PS with a single click I can carry on with the transform. If I double click it auto-commits, as that translates as first click back to Photoshop, second click auto-commit.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My least favorite "new feature" as well!

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally searched again to see if there is a solution to this horrible feature and here it is! Thank you to Olaf Giermann for this helpful article.

https://www.docma.info/en/blog/photoshop-cc-2019-auto-commit-off

This link is also helpful for this issue along with a few others.

Enable Optional Extensions | Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you post the method? The link no longer works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines