• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop unable to open Lightroom photos as layers, throws IOError. Then unable to close PS

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far, I've had this issue with releases 22.51 through 22.4. Running on Windows 10 laptop

When attempting to open files in Photoshop through Lightroom, I often get an error (screenshots below) that won't let me open the photo. Then, any attempts to shutdown Photoshop fails with another error (screenshot also included below). After killing the Photoshop process, reopening it still causes the errors to throw for any attempts at opening a file, whether through Lightroom or through Photoshop itself.

Screenshot after attempting to open a file:

ThePeachster_0-1634309397046.png

Screenshot after attempting to close Photoshop:

ThePeachster_1-1634309454785.png

My guess is that Photoshop is attempting to load the file, gets stuck at some point, but then wont release itself from the process of loading the file. So far the only fix I've found is to completely uninstall and re-install. Very annoying because after re-installing sometimes it does work for a few photos, then eventually starts throwing these errors again. Has anyone encountered this before and have permanent fixes? 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

In Photosohop, try disabling "Use Graphics Processor" under Preferences > Performance amd then restart Photoshop and Lightroom. Try opening an image directly into Photoshop first. Does it open without error? If so, try opening an image from Lightroom into Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photosohop, try disabling "Use Graphics Processor" under Preferences > Performance amd then restart Photoshop and Lightroom. Try opening an image directly into Photoshop first. Does it open without error? If so, try opening an image from Lightroom into Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jeffrey, that solved it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is Photoshop using some script.  Do file Passed to photoshop from Lightroom  trigger some Photoshop event handler?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines