Photoshop Update Issue 2022

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else having issues with the new Photoshop update, version 23.2? Mine seems to be lagging a lot and for no reason. Especially in selection mode.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had to forcequit every day since the update. Hope they resolve this soon!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Chanique5C23 If you're on Windows, disable rulers, or go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and disable "Enable Native Canvas Rulers" and restart Photoshop, does it work better?

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jeffrey Tranberry I will give it a go and see. Thanks so much!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Been having to force quite Photoshop almost every day as well.

Dumb question. I keep seeing "turn off rulers" as a solution.

Not to be snarky, but is there a reason Adobe can't make it so we can turn on rulers and leave them on and not have everything lag or hang?

Also whey when you go to View and turn off rulers does it not turn them off for every open document window? Shouldn't this apply to all open documents?

With Tech Previews, what is it about Rulers that is so massively resource hungry? Like what is the benefit to this? I'm sure there is one, it's just not apparent.

Also back to original poster. I did have one document open with everything selected, marching ants around the image. When I deselected and closed that image, even without restarting, everything seemed to run faster. Not sure if that helps in diagnosing this.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@am32221411 Are you on macOS? I suspect you're seeing this: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-photoshop-23-2-freezes-on-macos-while-chan...

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines