• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop updated is freezing and won't run

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I did the recent PS update, one of my PC computers accepted it just fine but the other PC won't open files. The both run on the same windows OS.

On the PC where I'm having trouble, photoshop opens, but if a file opens, it's missing the background, it's really weird. Other files will try to open, but the bar at the bottom kind of 'shakes' and nothing happens/freezes and I have to forcequit. I tried turning my computer off then on, and I also triend uninstalling it and re-installing, but it is still freezing on my one PC computer. Any ideas what I can do?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Lisa5D1B, Photoshop's hardware requirements for processors and graphics cards have increased for version 23. Beyond the same OS, your computer that's having issues may not meet the other minimum requirements. Have you checked here? Photoshop system requirements (adobe.com) Let us know if that is the reason and, if it isn't, we can look at some other troubleshooting steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you I will check this out - in the meantime is there a way to to backwards to a previous version for this particular computer if this is the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, from your Creative Cloud desktop app in the More Actions ... menu. Instructions are here: Install previous versions of your Creative Cloud apps (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I've verified my computer exceeds the minimum requirements. I also tried going back to the older photoshop and it's not working either, its also just freezing now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem too...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines