Photoshop v23 super laggy

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have been using v23 and all the updates since it came out, and have been noticing its getting laggier and laggier until its almost unuseable with larger files. I recently switched back to version 22 (the last update from that version) and am finally free of lag issues. 

What is causing version 23 to be so laggy? I have already played around with a bunch of the settings including disabling all the technology preview stuff. 

Often when lagging my computer is not even using all its processing power or ram.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you go to Photoshop Help Menu/System Info and copy/paste the details here?

That will help narrow things down.

Off hand, when I see PS getting laggier over time, it's normally due to HD space limitations.

What do you have your Scratch disk set to and how much available space is there?

Kevin Stohlmeyer
Adobe Community Professional/Adobe Certified Instructor

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have attached that info. Its currently showing 14.6gb scratch disk space, which isn't great. 

But running photoshop v22.5.6 does not give me these lag issues. It works perfectly on my computer. 

version 23.2.0 is super laggy.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Katherine, could you click the copy button and paste the text in your reply? There is more information in there than just the screatch disk.

Kevin Stohlmeyer
Adobe Community Professional/Adobe Certified Instructor

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines