Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop(various versions) crashing opening any file

Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I'm writing here 'cause this problem is driving me crazy.

I'm a system administrator for an architectural firm, from this morning Photoshop on one of our workstations keeps crashing whenever we open any file.

It opens the file, almost immediately generates an error report and then it crashes to desktop both if you do send the report but also if you don't or close the message window.

I've tried everything: tried with different versions of Photoshop(22.x and 23.x), different nVidia drivers(also used DDU), did an unistall and clean reinstall of Creative Cloud and the Adobe apps...

Tried with different accouns on the same machine(both with or without admin rights), tried compatibility mode

I don't really know what to do(apart from a clean install of Windows but I'd prefer to leave it as a last resort).

What's driving me nuts is that yesterday everything was working fine and we didn't do any change(no windows updates etc).

I can attach the log error. I've found countless topic with similar problems but none of them had a working solution apart a couple of topics where they'd suggest to disable UAC and we can't/won't do it for security reasons.

The icing on the cake is that if we ignore the error message without sending or not sending the report the user can keep using the program but that's not a solution, just a workaround.

System Spec: 

HP Z6 G4 Workstation

2x Xeon Gold 6148

64GB of DDR4 RAM

nVidia Quadro RTX6000

Windows 10 Pro 21H2

Thanks in advance to anyone who will try to help

Alberto

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Sorry for answering after some time, I finally did a clean Windows installation and it solved the problem!

But it wasn't Adobe fault: doing some digging I found out that my nVidia GPU had lost(don't know how sincerely) CUDA and OPENCL support.

Doing a clean install solved the problem with the gpu and Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Alberto Gabri, sorry to hear this. Did anything change on the computer in the last 24 hours? Are there other computers with Ps that are doing the same thing or just this one computer?

Let's make sure we're in a default state and there are no stale settings somewhere: 

Restore your preferences using this manual method:  

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually 

Does it work correctly? 

If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back. 

If it does solve the problem, I would like to get the folder of settings to try and figure out what is bad with them. 

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick response!

Sadly tho, amongst the thousand things that I've tried. I already did that.

I went even further and before reinstalling the Creative Cloud and the apps I deleted all the Adobe folders in %appdata% (local, locallow e roaming) e %programdata% etc etc

About the other questions luckily it's only one user on one machine and we didn't change anything in the past 24 hrs.

I think I'll need to find the time to make a clean install of windows and all the softwares!

Thanks again anyway!

Alberto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for answering after some time, I finally did a clean Windows installation and it solved the problem!

But it wasn't Adobe fault: doing some digging I found out that my nVidia GPU had lost(don't know how sincerely) CUDA and OPENCL support.

Doing a clean install solved the problem with the gpu and Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines