• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop version 2022 malfunction

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why after updating to the Photoshop 2022 version does the program no longer work correctly and often freezes forcing you to shut down the computer in order to restart it?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Contributor ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem. The program randomly hangs and does not respond to keystrokes or mouse clicks. No other program on my Windows 10 computer has this problem including Bridge and Camera Raw. The freeze can happen anytime; it does not matter what operation I perform or whether I am using a smart object, adjustment layer or saving. The program randomly freezes. Rather than restart my computer, I use Windows Task Manager to end the task.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  I even did a system reset.  Reinstalled photoshop and it's still causing crashing and freezing.  No problems with other programs.  Updated all my drivers, checked for hardware instability.  This whole thing started happening after the last ps update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem, specially when I try to place embedded. It also happens when I am trying to search for the image to embed in the search box. I have to restart photoshop and the computer but it keeps happening one I try to embed for a second time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have found something that will help. Go to Preferences > File Handling. I have the Automatically Save Recovery Information checked and previously I had it set to save every 10 minutes. I changed the setting to every 1 hour, and the problem has not re-occurred. I do not know that this is the cause because I will have to work with this setting for a longer time. Usually, for my work, I manually save my file after having done a lot of work, and that usually happens in less than one hour. I do not know whether it would make a difference to uncheck the box, but it is worth a try. If this change does stop the problem, it means that there is a bug in the code that does the automatic backup. Let us know if this helps your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This seems to have helped. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines