Copied

what is the best verion for photoshop?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. 

What is your system specification? 

I would recommend you to use the latest version i.e. Photoshop 23.0.1 as it has new features.
You can check them here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new.html

Regards,
Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use WINDOWS my go to versions of Photoshop are CS6 version 13.1.2 and Photoshop 2020 version 21.2.12.  CS6 and Photoshop 2020 fully updated,   CS6 can  only use ACR versions up ACR 9.1 where Photoshop 2020 can use the latest version. Photoshop 2020 performance is better than CS6. However, there are issues in all version of Photoshop. Where I would give the nod to Photoshop 2020 I would try to convince a Windows  users that is still using Perpetual CS6 version 13.0.1.3 to change and subscribe to the creative could if they do not need the latest ACR.. I can not comment about Photoshop on Apple Mac platforms.  I only use Photoshop I'm sure the are many good reasons to subscribe to the Creative cloud if you use additional Adobe application. Adobe has many Professional grade Application.  I am retired and do not need any Adobe application I do enjoy playing with Photoshop. Its use was a minor part of my job so I got hooked on Photoshop. New Photoshop version have many good improvement since CS6 the content aware, AI improvement and other changer make editing easier and quicker. However, there have been disruptive changes and way to many bugs  in Adobe Photoshop Creative Cloud.  You need more than one version of Photoshop installed.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no such thing as a "best" version of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ask anyone struggling with ever-declining performance and reliability issues and they'll probably tell you CS6 😉

--

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The question is irrelevant. You Can only choose the current and previous version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see more then one version in Creative Cloud desktop I have choices. I have remove some though. I can also re install the ones I removed with the downloads I have.

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my CC I am only allowed to install current and previous, as I was foolish enough to remove the previous versions when updating.

--

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to be careful with update Adobe for some reason will by default remove old version of  Photoshop.  Years ago that was not so bad.  New versions of Photoshop usually worked OK  and old version could be downloaded and installed if you had problems with the new install version.  However, as of CC 2019 Adobe no longer  has downloads available for old Photoshop version  on the Web and all new version of Photoshop have issues.   You need to override Adobe remove old version of Photoshop whet you Install new version of Photoshop.  You should not have automatic update enabled.  Do not let Adobe remove old version of Photoshop default  mess you up.  Creative Cloud Desktop will only install the last two version of Photoshop.  IMO Photoshop 2021 and Photoshop 2022 are works in progress.   There are many machine they do not work well on. Windows 10 is now required where in the past many PC and Mac operating systems were supported.  Window 11 is here and there are countless number of PC that can not be update to use Windows 11 for their CPU are not supported by Windows 11.  So in the future the will be more compatibility issues.  It is not going to be easy Adobe or us to cope with all the changes that is being done  these days.  Keep old hardware and Software handy.  November 2025 is not that far away Windows 10 will be out of support then. Who know what Processor Apple will be using in 2025....

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Contact Adobe see if you can get an Installer for Photoshop 2020 from them if Photoshop 2021 and Photoshop 2022 are not working well on your machine. I find version 2020 is a good version of Photoshop to have installed.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines