Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Photoshop, video importation struggle

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! 
I am having big troubles importing videos on my photoshop
I have this project that requires me to make some rotoscopia on a video (drawing on a video frame by frame) 
and photoshop is the perfect tool to do that. 
However everytime i try to import a video on photoshop it says that its "impossible to do this operation because photoshop do not recognize this kind of file"...
The thing is that i have been checking out ont the adobe site and its written that photoshop is suposed to be able to open mp4 formats witch is the format of my video (i have also tryed with mov but its the same). 
I have uninstalled and installed photoshop, i have looked on youtube and blogs for someone having the same problem and solving it but i can't find anything.
Do you have any clue of what is going on? Is there any option on my computer that i should activate in order to make this work (i'm working on the latest macbook pro)   ? 
Thank you ! 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you using an M1 mac? If so you will need to run under Rosetta for video functions.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines