• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop virtually unusable after latest update

Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to the latest version. Zooming is laggy as (removed by moderator)

, and Healing brush too. Cannot edit images at all anymore since these are the two tools that is the center of my workflow. Tried all the basics, updated graphics driver, restarted everything, bug-checked my whole system. Even reinstalled photoshop all together. ATM i am not able to do my job, so this is URGENT. 
System 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD drive with 120GB of free space. AMD Ryzen 7 1700X. Nvidia GTX 770 2GB.(old card, but never been an issue, unless PS suddenly need tons more resources after this update)

Windows 10 updated, PS version 23.5

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

@katoh22986843 wrote:

After updating to the latest version. Zooming is laggy as (removed by moderator)

, and Healing brush too. Cannot edit images at all anymore since these are the two tools that is the center of my workflow. Tried all the basics, updated graphics driver, restarted everything, bug-checked my whole system. Even reinstalled photoshop all together. ATM i am not able to do my job, so this is URGENT. 
System 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD drive with 120GB of free space. AMD Ryzen 7 1700X. Nvidia

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

If turning OFF GPU works, it's a GPU bug and you need to contact the manufacturer or find out if there's an updated driver for it. This is why disabling GPU is an option as more and more functionality moves to the GPU in newer versions of many Adobe products, as Dave outlines.
Also see: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html

Do you want to go back to previous versions?
In Adobe Creative Cloud, select the product you wish to roll back, click on the three dots and select "Other Versio

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@katoh22986843 wrote:

System 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD drive with 120GB of free space. AMD Ryzen 7 1700X. Nvidia GTX 770 2GB.(old card, but never been an issue, unless PS suddenly need tons more resources after this update)

Windows 10 updated, PS version 23.5

Photoshop is moving more functionality to the GPU. Your GTX770 has sufficient VRAM but does not meet the requirement for Direct X 12.

You could try disabling functions that use the GPU in Preferences such as Multithreading, Native Canvas and see if there is any improvement.

Is your 120GB free scratch space whilst you are working. I sometimes have larger scratch files than that with large multi-layered docs open.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is probably because of the GPU then, but i figured out how to roll back to a previous version, and everything works again. I do fairly simple retouching so scratch disk is not an issue. And since GPU are virtually impossible to get, and priced accordingly, i guess i have to stay on this version of PS for some time. Will try to turn off those things. Hard to figure out what settings makes it harder for the GPU. Have not found any guides yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If turning OFF GPU works, it's a GPU bug and you need to contact the manufacturer or find out if there's an updated driver for it. This is why disabling GPU is an option as more and more functionality moves to the GPU in newer versions of many Adobe products, as Dave outlines.
Also see: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html

Do you want to go back to previous versions?
In Adobe Creative Cloud, select the product you wish to roll back, click on the three dots and select "Other Versions". 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines