• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Wand Tool Bug

Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there's a bug with the wand tool. I tested it with PS 2022 and 2021.

The wand tool is not able to select the individual gray colors in this file (https://drive.google.com/file/d/19qTIe6z6hzhUFqsdGLmdQDbTw8voSUq7/view?usp=sharing). The file is also attached to the post.

The selection is only successful when I convert the file to RGB.

I tried multiple adjustments with: tollarances, contuous, quick-mask, different layers. I also created a new files. Nothing works. The two grays colors are not selecable individually whend the file is in CMYK mode. As an aside The two grays are in the color gamut of the CMYK, one is a 15%K the other is a 15%C 15%M 15%Y 

This was not an issue in the prior incarnations of Photoshop.

I need to be working in CMYK for the present production so if there are workarounds or preferences missunderstanding that I might not be aware of please let me know.

Looking forwared to any possible feedback on this issue.

Screenshot 2022-08-22 at 14.03.35.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should be able to use Select>Color Range

You get different results with the magic wand tool because the two color spaces have different content in the channels.

I don't believe anything has changed with the magic wand tool in recent releases since photoshop cs2 procuces the same results.

sel.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines