• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open any file in Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since last evening, I've been encountering some problems with my Photoshop. It took too much time to open the files but in the end it worked. However now it cannot open any file no matter the size...I would appreciate any help / ideas how to solve this problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Turns out that regressing to an earlier version did not work, but completely uninstalling and then reinstalling did seem to clear the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sorry you are having issues with opening files.

Please share with us the OS, version of Photoshop and any other details about when things went from working to not working.

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for your reply.

I'm using Windows 10 and the latest version of Photoshop updated.

It started when I tried to edit the photos from Lightroom to Photoshop. Immediately after, I started to do a plotagraph. I closed it and when I tried to open again another photo it appeared that it was in the system but I couldn't see it...Now, all I can see it's a blocked image - a combination of the home page & workspace. I've attached a print screen. I tried to delege he cache and grow the performance of the Photoshop flow but nothing...I've seen the other suggestion with Ctrl+Alt+Shift = nothing. I will try to uninstall it & then install again...I will revert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled Photoshop and then installed it again and it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've installed the latest version ().

Program starts, but any attempt to open any file (jpg or psd) results in nothing happening. No error, no spinning wheel... just nothing. Program is responsive the entire time (meaning all command functions are available).

Tried reverting to prior version, and the issue persists. This has rendered the application useless.

Running a Win10 machine.

Anyone else have same issue? Any solutions?

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try trashing your Photoshop preferences. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that. All that did was get rid of all the thumbs of my most recently used files. No files opening, same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I've tried it but it's still the same problem. I will try to uninstall it & install it again. Let's see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled Photoshop and installed it again and it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on the most recent graphic driver update ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB/PCIe/SSE2, checked the drivers again right before I posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turns out that regressing to an earlier version did not work, but completely uninstalling and then reinstalling did seem to clear the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much! I will try it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly! I totally feel you! I've seen the mentioned option to uninstall it & install it again. I will do so. Let's see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue in PS 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution that worked also in my case: unistall it & then install it again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm encountering the same issue - using Windows 10 and the latest Photoshop version. I have also resorted to uninstalling and reinstalling the Photoshop each time I restart my computer. Or 2 times a day to get work done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, it worked and now it's working perfectly: uninstalling & reinstalling it. Try deleting also the cache. You can find options on the internet on how to delete the cache/temporary files. Maybe it will be of help. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick reply. I have tried deleating cache/temporary files, and monitor that carefully over the last week since this started happening but ... it doesn't seem to resolve the problem. The program contiues to have the same error - with the only solution to uninstall/reinstall again.  All other CC graphic design programs run fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are very welcome. And I am really sorry I couldn't help you more...At one point, I myself was thinking to install it on another computer...thinking that my laptop had an issue but I received the very good piece of advice hereby, I tried it and it worked! So I gave up installing it on a desktop PC and testing it there. Maybe you could try also that if you have the possibility...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps if I was able to work on a mac laptop - I wouldn't be having issues with the program.
Currently I'm required to use a PC laptop - and althougth all is set up (hardware/software requirements are met and beyond what is required) to run Photoshop - something is amiss. As long as uninstall/reinstall works - I'll just continue to do that as needed. like everyday. Oy vey! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I uninstalled and installed photoshop. but it doesn't work?

I am using macos version Monterey.

Anyone any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines