• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Will Not Open - immediately crashes

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had an ongoing issue for the last month and I'm about to pull my hair out. Photoshop crashes on load every time. It opens and then immeadiately shuts down. Uninstalling and reinstalling *sometimes* works. Things I have tried:

1) Adobe CC cleaner and resinstalling all software

2) Reinstalling olld version (works but then makes some of my stuff unusable? Kept giving me error messages)

3) Reseting preferences

4) Updating graphics card

I'm at the point I want to throw my computer of give up photoshop, but I can't because I'm a professional Photographer and I'm so comfortable with it. 

What else can I do?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Would you mind sharing the version of Photoshop and Windows? What is your system specification? Do you use plugins? 

A corrupted font cache could cause performance issues for Photoshop. You can try to delete it to allow Photoshop to create a new one. This could solve your crashing problem if a bad font cache triggered it. Here’s how:

1. Close Photoshop and Creative Cloud app.
  2. Press Ctrl and E to open the file explorer, and navigate to C:\Users\[Your Username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop <version>
  3. Delete the CT Font Cache folder. Make sure you empty the Recycle Bin as well.

Try out these steps and let us know if it helps. 

Thanks,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines