• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop will not save back to Lightroom CC

Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop will not save back to Lightroom CC 60% of the time. It saves correctly some times randomly and creates a stacked image as it should do.

MacBook Pro running BigSur 11.2.1, M1 chipset, 16GB Ram. Ps 22.2.0. Lr CC 4.1 with 1TB plan.

I've been using Lightroom for some time along with Affinity but I've just purchased Ps, If I ask Lr to edit a photo in Ps the image opens in Ps and I can edit it it normally, but then if I quit Ps and it will ask me to save, which I do, or if I click "file/save" with both methods I get the same result, the image seems to save correctly with the progress bar working normally but the image does not appear in my Lr library. I have serched the SSD and it has gone. I've tried re-installing by removing Lr, Ps & Creative Cloud with the removal tool, then erasing every file with Adobe, Photoshop or Lightroom in its name from my SSD (including the user Library folder, and the System Library folder) Restarting my computer and re-installing. I've also tried removing Lr and installing Lr 4.4 from the Apple App store, all with the same result. I'v spoken to Tech support (case CRM:01256000008442) and they took over my screen and reproduced the fault under their control, but they did not fix the problem although we both thought they had because it started working for a while.

If I can't get this fixed I'll have cancel my Photoshop subscription within my 14 day cooling off period because it is no use to me as it is and the workflow of saving to disk each edit is worse than using Capture One and Affinity. Because I'm new to Ps I'm not heavily invested and can swap to a competetor easily. I chose Ps/Lr combination because of the workflow (which seems not work for me).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is now confirmed with Adobe support as a known bug associated with the Apple M1 architecture that will be rectified "sometime in the future".

If you edit a Lightroom CC file in Ps it will destroy the file if you try to save it back to Lr while it is still syncing.

I've cancelled my Ps subscription and will move to alternative softwear. Why does Adobe sell products that dont work and they know that they don't work? It has cost me many hours. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Has this bug been fixed yet?

I uninstalled Photoshop last February and got a refund so I can't test it. I have tried ringing tech support today (August 23) but they don't know if Photoshop now works correctly on an Apple M1 or not...I know amazing.

If this has been corrected I'd like to know and then I would try purchasing a plan with Photoshop in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines