• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop will not save!

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden my document will not save work. It says it is being saved in the background and remains at 0%.

I'm so sick and tired of these minor bugs that completely interupt my workflow because Adobe is too lazy to actually fix these things. Why [Edited by moderator to remove unacceptable language] am I paying to use broken software?!

Does anyone have a solution to save this file without losing work.

(I have already tried History > Create New > Save)

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tylere,

where are you trying to save your files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried saving to both cloud and to my computer, neither worked. I found another thread that said try exporting layers individually but when I tried that PS froze. Unfortunatly my only option was to "force quit".

Luckily when I reopened the program there was a recovery file. I got lucky, but this is a serious issue that hopefully gets resolved and soon.

Thanks for the response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS version are you using?
If the OS has not been properly upgraded, that can be the cause.
The same goes for the Photoshop version, make sure the current version is up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My OS is Monterey 12.4 which is the most current. My PS however needed an update which I checked for after I saw your response so thanks for the tip, hopefully that resolves the issue. I had to force quit last night but there was a recovery version when I reopened PS.

I got lucky, hopefully this doesnt happen to anyone else.

Thanks for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In System Preferences, >Security & Privacy, >Full Disk Access, do you see Photoshop listed? If not, do add it and try again.
See: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/quick-tips-how-to-give-full-disk-access...

PS, LR, any such application applies.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines