• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop crashes when trying to print

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop (CC version 19.1.4) will stop instantly when I try to print. The printer is the Epson Et-2650. I installed it a couple of times again. The printer works well with other programs. Can anybody help what to do?

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Hey I had the same problem.  I found this on an Adobe forum and it worked for me.

I would save my custom keyboard commands and macros first.

Found the solution.

The crash is due to a corrupted preferences file in Photoshop.

You can either uninstall PS including your preferences or you can make PS recreate a new preferences file.

This can be done by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Shift immediately after starting PS.A pop up window wil appear asking you whether you want to recreate your preferences file. Click Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

I realized that I had my printer, Epson XP-225, installed twice on my Windows 10 system. That is once installed through Windows system itself and once with a software from Epson. After I uninstalled one of them (the Epson software one) Photoshop started printing again without crashing. Just thought I might share that with you all in case it helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem that started when I installed an Epson desktop all-in-one printer.  The plotter that I use to print PS files is also an Epson.  I uninstalled the desktop Epson and PS stopped crashing when I hit print.  Not sure how to fix the conflict, but it is more important for my business flow that the Epson plotter works.  Probably will just get a different brand all-in-one desktop printer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bjorn,  Recreating Perferences worked!  I had not experienced this before, but I see it seems to be an ongoing issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is a 5 year old issue that still has not been corrected.  The office i work out of has multiple of the same printer on the network(different buildings) and a single printer is actually acting as 3 different printers. Can we get this resolved please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CHRISTOPHER29097811b8c3 Just FYI, this forum is almost entirely supported by volunteers. 

You'd be more likely to get help if you fully describe the issues you have and include screenshots inline in the text. (not attached)

I'd start a new thread, personally, with an informative title - as you seem to have a different issue to the OP. "a single printer is actually acting as 3 different printers"

Printer identification is most likely an OS issue rather than Adobe, anyway.

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net - adobe forum volunteer - co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

even the latest AI version dows this - will adobe ever stop the preferences file corrumpting ????  CS2 was o so stable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines