• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop window jumps to the front

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, I am using PS version 20161012.r.53 x64    Lately the open photoshop window will jump in front of any other application that I may be working in. It was not doing this behaviour when I first started using it, I'd say the last 2 weeks. I'm not sure if there have been any updates that may have triggered this. If anyone has a solution by all means share as it is disruptive to work. thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's photoshop cc 2017?

What operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is 2017, with the latest updates, Mac OS 10.11.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd try a preference reset

Go to Photoshop CC>Preferences>General, click on Reset Preferences on Quit and then restart photoshop.

res.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you R, I just reset the preferences. I will follow up in a few days to report if that worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

roobzlat wrote:

Thank you R, I just reset the preferences. I will follow up in a few days to report if that worked

Have you got the latest update?  It was only just released and has a bunch of bug fixes.

New features summary for the 2017 release of Photoshop CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Same problem here.

When I open photoshop and I'm in other(s) window(s), the photoshop window comes in front of everything and it is annoying because photoshop is not even ready for use and it does repeatedly until finished loading.

How I can solve this issue?

Thanks

PS CC 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gabrielab27796285  wrote

Hi. Same problem here.

When I open photoshop and I'm in other(s) window(s), the photoshop window comes in front of everything and it is annoying because photoshop is not even ready for use and it does repeatedly until finished loading.

How I can solve this issue?

Thanks

PS CC 2017

That behaviour is known and is 'apparently' being looked into.  Hopefully it will be fixed with the next update, because it is certainly annoying.   Search this forum for 'Photoshop steals focus' for lots more posts on the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

More than five years later, still a problem it seems, or I couldn't find an option. This is a terrible UX choice from Adobe for some of us who work on batch images or have a process where you like to keep control.

Does anyone know of a preference to stop Photoshop taking the hand whenever it deems so? Same problem when using Lightroom.

Definitely something that will make me consider alternatives simply because it is a continuous source of time loss and errors (e.g. you're typing something in Lightroom and it pops up with a menu where the letter you're typing - if you type fast - corresponds to one of the menu shortcuts...).

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines