• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop without Creative cloud?

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how can i download photoshop without creative cloud? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Basically- you cannot!

Even if you can obtain a download file to install Ps, you will still need the CC Desktop App to Validate your subscription and Activate Photoshop.

Without the Desktop App - Ps will cease to work.

Photoshop is installed in your computer 'locally' it can operate (while Activated) without internet access.

You do not have to use the 'Cloud' for anything other than- Install and Activate Ps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically- you cannot!

Even if you can obtain a download file to install Ps, you will still need the CC Desktop App to Validate your subscription and Activate Photoshop.

Without the Desktop App - Ps will cease to work.

Photoshop is installed in your computer 'locally' it can operate (while Activated) without internet access.

You do not have to use the 'Cloud' for anything other than- Install and Activate Ps.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you pose the question - is there some issue or misunderstanding?

To get Photoshop (the latest version inc Lightroom) you take out a subscription to the Photography Plan - it costs around $10 a month. You download the application to your computer and use it in the normal way (i.e. apart from downloading Photoshop you don't need to be online to use it). Adobe checks periodically that you're up-to-date with your subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cloud has slowed my computer to a crawl -- it seems to be launching multiple variants of igfxext that are using all my memory. Will Photoshop Elements run without it once installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Photoshop, if so which version and OS and how much RAM and spare disk capacity do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 4 GB ram my G

I'm done for then LOL

5.3 GB free of 57.4 GB...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your system is inadequate, even for Photoshop-ELEMENTS.

One site suggests this for Ps-Elements:

WobertC_0-1623542241599.png

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with you. Its absolute [removed], I am trying to use  my 4 year old spare computer whislt my new one is repaired.

Adobe PS keeps crasing & freezing because of all the usless Creative Cloud application that keep running taking my cpu up top 100%. Can't wait for a good alternative to replace Adobe 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@robk83534418 

contact adobe support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with you. Its absolute [removed], I am trying to use  my 4 year old spare computer whislt my new one is repaired.

Adobe PS keeps crasing & freezing because of all the usless Creative Cloud application that keep running taking my cpu up top 100%. Can't wait for a good alternative to replace Adobe 

By @robk83534418

I'm running Photoshop on a 10 years+ computer. Well, I did, before changing now to a more top of the arts computer. I now have 2 modern computers, one (the cheaper config) runs Photoshop faster than the other, meaning that slight changes in the config have big impacts. It's not the program, it's your system.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im looking for the same solution. I don't want CC; since i've installed it, it's been eating memory and CPU (even if im not using PS). My proof?

With PS+CC installed: System gets slower and the computer hot. I can hear the CPU fans running at max RPMs. This happens even lock the mac to get lunch. If I go to activity monitor and kill everything that has CC name and after a few seconds the threads are back! just like ants in your kitchen.

I uninstalled PS+CC (couldn't kill just cc)  and just like that, everything is back to normal and quiet.

Im about to go back to MS paint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW im own a macbook pro mid 2015 with 16RAM and 512SSD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody here helped...I dont like adobe cloud creating alll these random processes while im doing literally nothing but using paint.exe offline in the middle of a field and no wifi...smh this is ridiculous...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All these processes are normally baked into the application - but the CC app lifts it out of the individual application and into a centralized application manager. That's really all there is to it.

Any big and complex software will do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is 100% incorrect I have worked on extremely complex frameworks all the way down to tiny desktop apps and I can say with certainty that the CC app doesn't have a fraction of the complexity of kubernetes and dask but it wastes more resources than both combined due to poor development decisions.  If you don't have proper application architecture and you have frontend developers that have no concept of how to properly architect and design software you get trash like this... Sorry but just because ram is cheap doesn't mean you waste it.  Based on the capabilities (Auth-N/ Auth-Z / Download / Verification / Update Check ) a desktop app of this nature should not take more than 512mb ram and should hardly ever use any cpu at all especially when not in use which includes checking for updates on associated software packages.  So your argument here is invalid quit defending bad software practices which consumers have to pay for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is not corrects...Blender don't do this. And is a 3d software!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Andrea Macor 

What has Blender 3D got to do with Photoshop CC ? Photoshop is designed to work with both offline and online functionality e.g. Neural Filters, Libraries, Cloud documents etc. Photoshop's licencing arrangements are also completely different.Some of those functions are across CC applications so are moved to the Desktop application.

So yes, D Fosse's statement is correct.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Name 3 big software products that are as bloated as the adobe suite. I work in IT and I can't think of any, Auto desk comes close, but everything shuts down after the application stops.

Blender is a fully featured application, that arguabble does more processing than Adobe and still keeps a smaller footprint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Auto desk comes close, but everything shuts down after the application stops.

By @Necron007

Autodesk is a company! Adobe is a company! Blender is a software product! You are comparing Dell and Apple against Excel, just to come with an example that everyone will understand.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should also point out, that after uninstalling CC products, my internet traffic now does 20% less spam traffic. Adobe is contantly upating sites that are known to be data collectors and ad sites. I am paying for the product! They should not be selling my data as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what to tell you, except that all this "bloat" has no performance impact here. As I outlined in another post, all these processes just sit there and don't do anything. They don't use any CPU, no GPU, no disk space. At most they take up a few MB of memory. I assume they come to life when called upon, in the meantime, they sleep.

None of this gets in the way of anything else. Application performance is snappy and responsive at all times. So if you have a problem with application performance, be specific, and maybe someone can help you with it.

In the meantime, your posts come across as unfocused ranting with nothing to back it up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blender 3D, an excellent application which I use daily, is a standalone application that does all its processing locally, does not require subscription licensing, and does not interact with a suite of applications. The CC applications interact both across applications and online as in the examples I gave earlier. There is no comparison between the two.

Necron007 said 'They should not be selling my data as well!'

Since you choose to make this statement. Please show evidence that your data has been sold, or is it just an unsubstantiated rant?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is no comparison because they did not want to do it. Each software house can decide which way to go. A proof of this is the fact that soon they will remove the "3D" part in photoshop that is causing problems and weighing down the application. There's no reason why photo retouching software is so heavy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I worked with 3dmax for almost 20 years, I decided to give it up because it was getting heavy, chock full of added plugins, woody and old. I switched to Blender which is really light and great. Now the same thing will happen with the Adobe suite, I started using Affinityphoto and Da Vinci Studio for editing because I realize that Photoshop slows down a lot when I have a 3d application open (I have an RTX3090!) I think Adobe applications are too heavy and old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines